Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 27 - Defeating Temptation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 27

Point to Ponder: There is always a way out.

Verse to Remember: " God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it." 1 Corinthians 10:13b (NLT)

Question to Consider: Who could I ask to be a spiritual partner to help me defeat a persistent temptation by praying for me?


-

3 comments:

  1. We're fortunate to be able to rely on each other for emotional AND spiritual support. We'd like to think we could ask you guys too. We'd be happy to pray for your family anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 4 R's on resisting temptation:
    - Refocus your attention on something else.
    - Reveal your struggle to a godly friend or support group.
    - Resist the Devil.
    - Realize your vulnerability.

    In my life, when I think I am strong enough to resist a certain temptation on my own is when I will fall. Irrogance and pride is my biggest trap. I agree that I need a good friend and a group of men who can hold me accountable. I can't do it alone. I need God and men in my life who will keep me honest in my daily walk.

    Jer and Jess, DITTO! Any time. Any place. We will be there to help, pray and encourage you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had an accounability partner before (well, accept Jeff) but I would like to think that I could ask you guys too. I would love to pray for you anytime you need it.

    ReplyDelete