Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 32 - Using What God Gave You

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one of many questionaires you can take to determine your spiritual giftedness. Usually the top (3) results would be your strongest gifts. It's free to do the questionaire and it can help you discover how God shaped you. http://www.kodachrome.org/spiritgift/


DAY 32

Point to Ponder: God deserves my best.

Verse to Remember: "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)

Question to Consider: How can I make the best use of what God has given me?

-

3 comments:

  1. On pg. 254, it reminds me that knowing what my gifts are is only part of the process of Glorifying God. If I don't use these gifts, I am doing a diservice to God and to myself. I need to remember if I want to continue to please God and show that I love Him, then I need to use the talents He created in me.

    I think the biggest area I struggle with is tithing. This is the number one ability He gives me and it should be the easiest. However, I'd rather sacrifice my time and perform duties for God, than to easily and sacrificially hand over what already belongs to Him. I tithe some, but I need to tithe more so that more people can be reached for His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can make the best use of what God has given me by serving wherever I can and not complaining. I agree that we all have hidden potential and we should try serving in different areas before we rule it out mentally. I took a spiritual gifts test with Jeff and it was informative but I don't want to confine myself to certain areas until I know for sure I am just not meant for them. Also, I know that it's true if there's stress or struggle you're probably not meant for the task you've taken on, but I do think in every ministry you will come across that at some point. Serving God isn't always perfect, I think you will run into glitches and stress and you just need to keep plugging away and fix the problems. With so many different people working together for one church you are bound to get discouraged sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When it doesn't work out, call it an experiment, not a failure. You will eventually learn what you're good at."

    How encouraging! I think I need to start getting more involved and try harder to learn more about the gifts I've been given so I can better use them to serve others. According to this chapter, that means I need to start DOING, and learning what I'm good at will come with time and practice.

    ReplyDelete